The New NY Bridge project has provided grants to selected proposals that:
- Preserve and rehabilitate local infrastructure in the area of the New NY Bridge;
- Enhance local recreational opportunities in the area;
- Expand pedestrian, bicyclist and transit user access to the new bridge;
- Improve road safety features for all users accessing the new bridge;
- Enhance emergency response in the area; or
- Improve the quality of life for residents and communities in Rockland and Westchester counties
Approximately $20 million has been awarded to fund noise-reducing windows and doors, emergency response equipment, public safety and other community and environmental improvements.
Thank you to all of the community organizations that submitted letters of interest. The CBP Grant Review Committee carefully reviewed all proposals, and selected applicants were informed of their project’s acceptance.